29th Jan, 2018
6 Incredible fruits to eat before class:
- Apples-They hydrate which will really help you! They are also a great source of vitamin C, and contain fiber, which can help hold you over until after you've finished holding tree pose
- Pears-are one of the highest-fibre fruits. They contain a fair amount of vitamins C, K, B2, B3, and B6. Pears also contain boron, which our bodies need in order to retain calcium, so this fruit can also be linked to prevention of osteoporosis.
- Bananas-Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar. Protect yourself against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
- Prunes-Another potassium packed (and easily portable) snack, a single ounce serving of prunes provides almost 300mg of potassium. And contrary to popular belief, a small serving won't have you running to the restroom (a 1 oz serving has less than 1g of fiber), so they are safe to eat before class.
- Dried Apricots-Dried apricots contain natural sugars to help boost your energy, and it keeps the immune system in check, protecting your skin in the process. It’s often recommended that you eat a few apricots as a snack when you’re feeling peckish, especially if you’re on a diet. It fills you up but doesn’t add unnecessary calories.
- Watermelon-They are primarily made up of water, so they can keep dehydration and hunger at bay without weighing you down.The quick-digesting carbs are also a good source of energy to fuel your workout